The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Unhappy Bummer

I'm really bummed that there will be no more Healdsburg Guitar Shows. I was really looking forward to going to the next one as I had never been. I know there are other fine guitar shows, but for me, I was much more interested in travelling to the Northern California area.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut
Old 11-22-2014, 04:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

The blessing is that we have not lost the LMI crew. They are still around to make the legal sells to those who desire to build.

To my understanding Chris and Natalie and the rest of the LMI crew are more than happy to give Bob Singer, owner of the Memphis Guitar Festival, all the support they can give.

Maybe, just maybe, LMI is like the show Cheers. You wanna go where everybody knows your name. While on the top they are clearly able to bow out of the main screen and we will forever enjoy the reruns.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:34 AM

It was a privilege, pleasure and education to have attended a number of HGF's over the years, to meet such gifted, passionate and visionary artists in wood and music and to call many of them friends. Thanks to LMI for your commitment, the luthiers for your mastery, and the performers for your music.

Wonderful dream guitars someday:
Mark Blanchard Pinyon (00) Ad/Koa slothead 12fret contour cutaway, Mark Blanchard Sugarpine (000) Ad/Mad fan 12 fret contour cutaway w/Manzer wedge
Old 11-23-2014, 09:58 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobolo Kid View Post
I'm really bummed that there will be no more Healdsburg Guitar Shows. I was really looking forward to going to the next one as I had never been. I know there are other fine guitar shows, but for me, I was much more interested in travelling to the Northern California area.
Not a quick flight, but Mike is going to Memphis and hopefully my Meridian will be there, your guitar's sister.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:38 AM

All Hail Healdsburg! The absolute best independent lutherie festival in the world, set the standard and benchmark of quality and inclusion. I cried when I got the news from Chris. What are we going to do without Healdsburg to look forward to anymore? From the beginning of the Woodstock show in 2009, no one has been more encouraging and supportive of it than Chris. "It's not competition," he told me back then, "it's about cooperation for the good of the luthiers community." After the announcement, I got another message from Chris saying, "I pass the baton to you and Bob Singer." With Chris's guidance and Bob's thoroughness and incredible energy, Memphis is going to be grand! The end of an era, perhaps, but Healdsburg will remain our inspiration for the future. Thank you, Chris!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop