The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-25-2015, 08:40 AM

Default Rainsong Shorty SG, 2 months in...

It's the only guitar I play now... No, it doesn't sound like my favorite wooden guitar, it has a sound all its own... great!

It's extremely well balanced, better than any other acoustic that I have played, string to string note separation is best too.

I really like that humidity doesn't affect it

I don't play it plugged in, but, the tuner works great...

I feel no need to change anything about this guitar.

I traded a Martin 00-18V for it and I really like this better.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleamp View Post
It's the only guitar I play now...
I love my Shorty- I will not ever sell it but would more likely add other CF guitars to the line-up for the same reasons you mentioned. What kind of strings are you using on the Shorty and have you tried others?
Old 07-25-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I love my Shorty- I will not ever sell it but would more likely add other CF guitars to the line-up for the same reasons you mentioned. What kind of strings are you using on the Shorty and have you tried others?
I've still have the original strings on it and will leave them on it until they go south.

Yes, I too am looking at other CF's. I would like to find one of the CA Legacy Bluegrass Performers from years ago...
Old 07-25-2015, 02:46 PM

Ditto. Its all I play. Had it about a year now. My poor little Breedlove is getting no love at all. I sure would love to check out that Voyage Air guitar what was it the OF660? I have no need for it and I don't travel but it sure looked cool and what a great concept.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:48 PM

It's not Voyage Air, it's Journey. V.A. doesn't do carbon.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
It's not Voyage Air, it's Journey. V.A. doesn't do carbon.
Ah, dang autocorrect.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:43 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

For the second year in a row, the Shorty has been my summer vacation guitar and has traveled with me on road trips. The tone is always good, projection is great for a small audience unplugged, it works in the drizzle, it works in the sunshine. Many smiles and questions about it wherever I go. I have it loaded in a Levy's leather gig bag and the bag seems heavier than the guitar but protects it well enough and looks cool too. Huge thank you to Rainsong for making such a great all-around guitar with the Shorty.

JR
Old 07-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Charter Member

The Shorty is an impressive guitar. It just seems to be a great blend of all that works: the size, the sound, playability, and (of course) all the advantages of carbon fiber regarding changes in humidity, etc.

I do play mine plugged in. From the Gulf Coast to the Pacific Northwest to the Arizona desert. I added an Access gig bag, making it more convenient and lighter to cart around.

My wood guitars aren't getting the play time because they aren't traveling with us. When we are home, the Shorty still gets regular play time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber