The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-09-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLitIScream View Post
Might have made some costly mistakes if it werent for you guys. Thanks a bunch!
Ive placed an order for a SCD and an XLR cable. I'll be sticking with my Scarlett Solo and upgrade if i really get serious.

Thanks again!

What you order ?
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 02-10-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
What you order ?
Picked up a CAD GXL 1200. Reviews seem pretty good too. Used for 50 bucks. Perhaps I could have gone with a higher end mic that was used, but oh well. I can upgrade when need be, and ill also learn how to care for it properly as I've heard these mics are pretty fragile. A new journey awaits!
Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Picked up a CAD GXL 1200. Reviews seem pretty good too. Used for 50 bucks. Perhaps I could have gone with a higher end mic that was used, but oh well. I can upgrade when need be, and ill also learn how to care for it properly as I've heard these mics are pretty fragile. A new journey awaits!

I think you will be perfectly fine with that mic. You should be able to make very good recordings with it. No need for a higher end mic at this point.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 PM

Default Bargain's Happen All The time!

Congrats & good recording !

EZ :

HR

Old 02-19-2018, 09:33 PM

So I received the mic tonight along with the cables. Just a quick recording to check that everything was good. Im quite impressed tbh, this mic picks up alot of things. Mic positioned about a foot away, in front of the sound hole, but facing the 7th fretboard.

Fitting for this wonderful evening on family day

https://soundcloud.com/greg-thung-16...-gxl-1200-test
Old 02-20-2018, 03:28 PM

Default Nice Result

Quote:
So I received the mic tonight along with the cables. Just a quick recording to check that everything was good. Im quite impressed tbh, this mic picks up alot of things. Mic positioned about a foot away, in front of the sound hole, but facing the 7th fretboard.

Fitting for this wonderful evening on family day

https://soundcloud.com/greg-thung-16...-gxl-1200-test

Not bad for the shake down recording

EZ :

HR

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD