The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-05-2017, 08:36 PM

My brother has a brilliant custom GA 12 fret. Larch and EIR. Most would dismiss it but it is a fabulous instrument.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-23-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Removed phrase
Old 12-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations Kori! I have a 2010 Taylor 12-Fret and it's a very nice guitar. I imagine they have improved this guitar a little over the years, so I'm sure you have a lovely instrument!

- Glenn
Old 12-07-2017, 02:46 PM

I consider the Grand Concert 12-fret a sweet spot in Taylor’s line. So your ears weren’t deceiving you. You should hear one with a cedar top!

2018 Taylor 812ce 12-fret DLX
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e Koa
Old 12-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Guest 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
l Taylor 812ce DLX 12 Fret.

If you get a chance, play one and let us know what you think! Or, if you own one, how do you like it?
I bought one Tuesday. A 2016 model. It's warm, comfortable, easy to play and has mojo. In the past I've criticized Taylor guitars for lacking mojo. Martin and Gibson have their own varieties of mojo, but my past Taylor guitars always seemed to lack something indefinable that I need to move me when playing. These re-voiced 8xx series however do have a mojo all their own.

Ergonomically there's nothing to complain about. Everything about it is just right. It's small enough to play comfortably on a couch, but big enough to have a voice that seems bigger than the body. It's kind to the left hand and with a 12-fret the shoulder doesn't get extended that last uncomfortable inch or two.

And it's pretty. Something about that glistening rosette and those lovely curves and that luxuriant wood. Mine has a brown stripe down the ebony fingerboard that looks really artsy. It sits beside my other guitars as the lindanita.

One of the things I really love about the sound is those lush trebles (no longer piercing and strident as in the past) mixed with that sonorous bass, and the mid-range has that human voice quality that I always have to have in a guitar sound. If I can get it to moan, it's a good 'un.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:49 PM

just took delivery of mine today...

Im blown away. SO EASY to play...reminds me of an electric guitar! sound is so sweet...projects much bigger than its size (which is awesomely small) and just sweet all around.

I had to go back to work after only 15 minutes with her...and im dying to get back home

Mine also has that AWESOME light grain streak in the fretboard.....im like a giddy kid on christmas.

12 fret is the WAY to go!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion