The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Robert E. Lee was a rebel and a traitor.
Statues of him and his ilk are like a spit in the face of America.
Robert E. Lee can take his place in history next to Benedict Arnold and Timothy McVeigh.
Uh...this is just a guitar forum.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Location: The California Central Coast, in The Heart of the Chaparral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
Uh...this is just a guitar forum.
AGF is just a guitar forum that you've used for complaining about your road rage problems, and squabbles with your neighbor...

Open mike seems like a pretty good place for complaining about Nazis, & KKKers too, wouldn't you think?

Don
Old 08-14-2017, 10:43 AM

I grew up in South Mississippi in the 60s. I hate hate. I love brotherly love.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

cotten
Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 AM

So many things I'd like to say but I think we've already de-tracked from OP's original post.

Racism. Maybe I've been lucky. I have never experienced racism, except when I was called a Chinaman by a homeless man who happened to be African American (and I am not even Chinese). I don't know if I can count that. What he said goes against everything that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. worked for. I see a nation being divided by race more than ever. I have coworkers coming up to me to complain about Chinese coworkers and China knowing that I am not from there but from the same continent. Guess my lack of accent makes them think that I am not an Asian? I don't like what I am seeing in the news nowadays. Maybe it's just a small part of the US and the media is just exploiting the heck out of it.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Charter Member

I think we can all agree that the event in Charlottesville was horrible and I choose to believe that every AGF user joins locals in sympathy and condolences for the tragic consequences.

The Open Mic is a good place to talk about friendly topics that stray away from music and our love of acoustic guitars.

Let's leave talk of the non-friendly stuff out of the AGF and take it to any of the hundreds of other forum spaces out on the web that welcome that kind of discussion.

I'm closing this thread as I believe it has effectively accomplished the OP's objective.

amyfb

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic