View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Larry, your comments, which I hold in high regard, are tempting me to contact him for a chat and explore a build.
I've been checking his site. His description of the (more modern?) Elliott (spruce) design and tonal qualities are very noteworthy, especially his emphasis on trebles It makes me curious as to where the Matt Greif cedar version fits into in this regard.
If you don't have any objections, I'd mention this forum exchange as the spark for my inquiry.
Thanks again.

Anders is a close friend, and there is no problem mentioning me, this exchange, etc.

I started out by mentioning that Anders has been busy building, and *not* updating his website. It's old. Years old.

If I understand things correctly, my guitar and the guitars for Meisinger and Greif (and all of his work the past 5+ years, in fact!) are waaaay beyond the work Anders was doing when the website was created. Way beyond...not just evolutionary, but whole steps up the ladder from then, structural-tonal-quality-wise...

...but I've reached the end of my ability to even vaguely intimate what Anders is doing to get the results of these past years. I shall now shut-up and encourage you to decide if a conversation with him is worthwhile. Anders can inform you with complete accuracy, of course.

Ya' know, I think I need to go pick up that darned guitar and show it some love...

Here is a little something from when the Sterner was only 3-4 months old. The guitar is waaay more broken in now, and I need to get-going on some new recordings:

100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner

Last edited by Larry Pattis; 09-05-2017 at 09:07 PM.