View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 PM

Default AMP POWER SPEC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowgibson View Post
I'll be looking for one, 300 watts should be nice and clean.
Note the FreePlay is listed @300 [ PEAK ] power , that's somewhat misleading in their specs .

Realistically [ RMS ] ( root means squared ) is the better term to describe the power output
of this unit or any for that matter to get a solid idea of it's capabilities or short comings .

With 150 biamp'd ( 75 watts RMS to the main 8" driver ) and splitting the other 75 watts divided
in stereo for the hiHz drivers = 150 watt RMS stereo .

The old [ suitcase ] Yamaha 6 channel SS mixers were only 75 watts RMS Stereo = 150 RMS they
were the

stalwart small club P.A. to go to with it's FX , it was sporting a THD of .5 to 1.0% - then in
those days that was great . I think the FreePlay has a THD of .05% , and that is superb .

The point is this Mackie FreePlay is one loud and clear albeit a basic 2 channel P.A. with cool FX
and IOS controllable and serves well in multiple applications .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 09-18-2017 at 07:05 PM.