View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Its a good thing that you have someone to try out your IR "in the field", so to speak.
Actually I don't, the only one who has an IR from me with the pedal to use it live at gig is Doug Young. But he has such a good sound without, he does not need it. I mean in his case, it does not really bring something worth.

Right now my rig is not giggable, I have too much microphony/false contact problems with the Lyric gilgaus mod. If I have one advice about it: Don't customize your LR Baggs Lyric. I wanted to avoir battery in the guitar and I only have problems... With loud pops due to false contact on the phantom power or cable microphony... There is a good reason why a preamp should be as close as possible to the pickup. It would have been wiser to wire the power supply externally than doing this mod. Recently my cable has start behaving as a giant condenser mic that is as sensitive as the Lyric itself...

To come back to the main subject, in one month we will have the first feedback on the Tonedexter and I am pretty sure people are going to be convinced.

James May wrote:
Quote:
the WaveMaps work so well you will no longer feel the need to blend any raw pickup into it
I can definitely believe that. My process does not need raw pickup blending and I believe it is not as advanced as Tonedexter's. I mean they have been working on it since 2014-2015, I've work on it 2 months in the evening when the kids are in bed. They have been doing some really serious work on it. I've spent an evening trying to make a
Quote:
"character" control"
following the patent... and that's not as that easy !! I get the "punch" thing... but I am not able to have it sound right now... However James May last post may have given me a clue about something I did totally wrong.

The only thing I hope is that Audiosprockets wisely choose its European distribution so that we, european, don't have to pay 40% extra for a Tonedexter.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/