View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 10:44 PM

Default Pathetic newbie questions

I just bought a Breedlove Stage Concert acoustic/electric (a/e) guitar. It's my first guitar that isn't acoustic only.

QUESTION 1: My amp has knobs for Bass, Mid, & Treb. So does the LR Baggs pick-up on my guitar. WHICH of these should I use in order to adjust Bass/Mid/Treb --- Amp, pick-up, or both?

QUESTION 2: The pick-up has a "Presence" knob. What is that?

QUESTION 3: When adjusting Bass/Mid/Treb, it's hard to do so because I hear the guitar's own lovely sound PLUS I hear the amp's reproduction thereof. This situation "confuses" my ears. I wonder if it would be better to use earphones in order to do the adjustment?

QUESTION 4: My other 2 guitars have pick guards. The Breedlove has none. As I play, I can hear my flatpick clicking against the wood rather more often than I like. Is there a reason why I should NOT have my tech install one for me?

QUESTIONs 5&6: I have a wire for connecting guitar to amp, but it's long (for mobility during performance, I suppose.) For practice I plan to buy a shorter wire from Amazon. I noticed that wires come in various prices. 5) What is the advantage of the high-priced wires over the cheap ones? 6) Is that advantage worth paying for?

QUESTION 7: My amp has several doo-dad knobs, such as chorus, echo, & reverb. I prefer an amp that gives a good reproduction of the guitar's natural sound, without all the bells & whistles that I shall never use. Can you recommend an amp that does what I am looking for?

Unto all: aloha from Hawaii. Mele Kalikimaka