View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimor View Post
Unfortunately I am just a beginner who already has too many guitars. I think having a baritone at this point would just be a distraction.
Perhaps. Also a slight risk if your technique isn't up to par. The action tends to be a tad higher and fret spacing is wider due to the longer scale length. I feel like I have to be a lot more mindful of my fretting technique when I play mine since I have very small hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Mine is built by Kronbauer and 28.6" scale. The action is reasonable. I can't tell if the strings are stiffer or higher in tension. Between that and increased scale length my small hands seem to get a workout. Unless I know a guy has big hands, not sure if I'd recommend a baritone to a beginner.
Thank you for the advice. Even though I love the sound, I passed on this deal. At this point in the journey, I think it is best to stick to basics. I can easily tell the difference between my Ibanez with a 24.9" scale length and my Yamaha with a 25.6" scale length. Throwing something with an almost 28" scale length into the mix would just complicate matters. Maybe in a year or two...

I hope to see some nice new guitar day posts!