View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipedwho View Post
I expect it to sound pretty good as Mesa tends to have an ear for tone.

However, with two 8" speakers (and no mention of a tweeter) I wonder how much of the acoustic 'presence' it keeps/loses. I'd also like to hear it in person to see how well it projects around the room (ie. does it have a tight dispersion with a small sweet spot that is good for use as a monitor, but not as useful for wider horizontal audience coverage).

It looks like it has an excellent preamp section with all the DI output you could want, so I suspect it will be great through the PA.
It has a tweeter in addition to the pair of 8" speakers, as well as a -6db, off and flat rocker switch for the tweeter. Dunno what the crossover frequency is...the specs do not provide that datum. And speaking of specs, they are a bit light and certainly not all are summarized on Mesa's spec sheet. There are a few specs in the manual not summarized in the specifications summary (e.g., channel 2 input impedance, phantom power voltage), and there are certain specs missing (e.g., line input/output nominal dBu or dBV levels, phantom power amperage, dispersion). Still, much information is provided.