View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

I wish more people would PLAY something about what they are talking about. I don't understand the aversion to that. We are folks who play guitar, right?

By playing here what we are talking about, it becomes real. People can post all manner of stuff about "play this, play that" or expound on theory, but until the person demonstrates what they are talking about, it is little more than words. Agree, disagree, it doesn't matter, but I will continue to illustrate with sound, what I am talking about. I think that both has value and gives at least some credibility to what is being said. A person can be anything at all on the internet, until something is done to make it real, such as posting a recorded illustration.

My last post contained some theory and I have a good handle on it. We are not going to get away from that. I think that knowing theory is an essential aspect of the craftsmanship part of music, so I am not saying don't study or learn theory. However, I think, in hindsight, that it is best to learn it in the context of the song, rather than just learning it for the sake of learning it, and then knowing what to apply, when.

As for listening to how things sound, I have been saying that in my posts here.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...