View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 AM

Default loving my edb-1

Hi Wal,

I'm sorry you've had trouble with your edb-1, (sounds more like a customer service issue from your posts). I've spoken with the US distributor before I bought the unit and they were nothing short of super friendly and excited about this product. I hate to sound like a kool-aid drinker, but I have zero complaints about the edb-1. The eq is powerful, and the general sound coming from the unit is very detailed and articulate. I'm using it with the K&K pure western mini, lr baggs passive M1, and on occasion the DPA4099. It works well with all these sound sources. As for being a noisy unit, I'm going through a monster power conditioner and haven't had any noise issues in my place or gigging, however, I did have to use the ground lift switch when using the xlr out, otherwise there was a horrible hiss and no sound. The ground lift alleviated this entirely. I'm not trying to invalid your posts because everyone's situation is different (guitar, type of pickups, amps, etc), but I just wanted to let other readers know that there are satisfied edb-1 users out there.

Thanks,

Dave