View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 07:50 AM

I take back anything negative that I have said in the past regarding the Cordoba Orchestra CE.

NOTE: My left hand did not like the feel of the 1 7/8" in nut width on my C10 Crossover & sold it within a month of purchasing it. So 99% of the time, I ignore the fusion and crossovers while window shopping.

I was recently at a GC and they had a cedar topped model out on display. It was really pretty and upon a closer look, I could smell the Cedar aroma from it

The smell of the Cedar was really enticing, so I took it down to check it out.

After 20 minutes of playing it, I was still enjoying it with no left hand discomfort. I remembered that I had a spare De Oro Guitar support in the car and brought it into the store.

After getting approval from the manager, I slapped the guitar supports suction cups on the guitar and gave it a full try-out & examination. Very playable and it's got a very nice finish, no sharp frets, etc.

45 minutes later, I was pulling out the credit card and buying it.

Overnight, it's been getting properly humidified. Once it's humidified properly, I'll have a better idea about any tweaks that I might want to make; such as adjusting the truss rod or lowering the saddle slightly.

Another Cordoba guitar has entered into the "collection".

Update: The guitar has been properly humidified for 24 hours. I got rid of the high tension strings, oiled up the fretboard, cleaned a few slots in the nut. I took my fret level gage to it and didn't find anything to adjust. Installed normal tension strings on the guitar. Neck relief is great. The saddle might need to be lowered just a little. But I'm going to let the guitar adjust to normal tension strings before making any changes.
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop

Last edited by dkstott; 02-09-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Just an update