View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

I was going to start my own TD thread for some questions but I'll add mine to Vancebo's since this thread is still relatively young:

1. How does the TD perform in live settings? I read through many of the very long threads on the TD and I seem to remember some having issues with using it live. I also remember someone asking for videos of a TD being used in live settings but receiving no answers or links.

2. Where would a TD lie in a pedal board setup with say, a looper, a volume pedal and a couple of effects?

3. Last, and biggest question for me: I play fingerstyle with no nails so my tone is largely soft and muted. Would I train the TD this way as well? What would happen if I trained the TD using a pick? Would that then give the fingerstyle played guitar more of a pick sound? Can you blend multiple maps (forget what they are called)? In other words, could I record a training session with both fingerstyle and pick style and blend the two?

We are just starting to play out a bit and at higher volumes my tone can be a challenge to make sound really nice. I'm thinking the TD might be something that could help with that especially if I can blend some pick tone in with my fingerstyle but I also what to make sure that the TD is finding itself to be useful in live settings by the average user.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.