View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Try it! I don't know but a similar situation could be considered for my Martin HD-28/Trance M-VT installation. I made my last ToneDexer WaveMap with the Trance M-VT Tone control wide-open, i.e., full-range/full-treble tone-wheel position. I haven't tried playing with the Trance M-VT's Tonewheel by rolling it into the same position I would have it if I didn't have the ToneDexter engaged in the signal-chain. The only thing I can say is that it won't hurt anything to play around with your rig once you get your ToneDexter.
When I originally trained a trance system, I had the MVT tone wheel set in the middle - that's how it is in the video demo I posted a few weeks ago. I had no issue varying that later to get a brighter or darker sound thru TD. But I really hate having that MVT module installed, just more stuff inside the guitar, and it occurred to me that with Tone Dexter I didn't need it! Without TD, it really helps the sound, but TD should be able to deal with that, right? I installed a new Trance-M last weekend, and skipped the MVT control completely, and it sure enough it sounds great with ToneDexter. Since ToneDexter handles making the pickup sound right, and I have the tone controls on TD for fine tweaking, I can just skip that MVT control!