View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM

The late Lance McCollum, who was a fine acoustic guitar builder, told me that he had a friend who worked for Steven Seagal in some capacity. This friend called Lance and told him: "Look, if you're ever truly desperate and need the money badly enough, I can talk Steven Seagal into ordering one of your guitars. You've GOT to really need the money, though, because he's such an incredible (pungent Anglo-Saxon words deleted) to work with!"

Lance said he told his friend: "I'm not that desperate yet!" and so far as I know he never built a guitar for Seagal. But he was holding onto the idea as an ace up his sleeve!

As for Seagal's guitar playing, he plays better than many. I watched the terrible movie he directed, "On Deadly Ground," because he'd filmed it here in Alaska, and Seagal's shred metal music is what played over the closing credits.

The movie was bad, as in "unintentionally funny" bad, but his guitarplaying was passable.

Wade Hampton Miller

PS: I saw the film in a dollar movie house with an audience that was anywhere from one third to one half Alaska Natives. They just ROARED with laughter all the way through.