View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM

I have something in common with you. I have had trigger finger in my right middle finger, and my left index finger for years. I also am an avid road biker. I've ridden 200 miles since last Sunday. Regarding the cycling, you might want to adjust your position to take some pressure off of your hands. You know what I am talking about--raising the bars a bit, lowering the saddle, etc. Just a suggestion.

Consult a good upper extremity surgeon about your problem. I came very close to going under the knife myself, but when the doctor handed me a 3-page disclaimer to sign, I chickened out. There are alternatives, such as cortisone injections. And, in my case, the condition has partially abated on its own. This can improve over time without treatment.

I read a thread recently--I think it was in this forum--about a guy who had this surgery, and had a terrible outcome, with a long rehab, lots of pain, and what sounded like a crippling of his hand. You must have it pretty bad to need it on four fingers, but, remember, surgery is always the last resort.