View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

A while back Teddy was up in Seattle and he came over to my house to install a pickup in my 910 Taylor. I’ve been, and am, a fan of K&K and have had several installed in various guitars.

In this particular guitar I had put in a JJB to see how it compared to the K&K units I had. Long story short, I wasn’t as happy with the JJB so I was looking for another solution. I had met a Teddy at a festival and was interested in his pickups so I thought I’d give them a try.

The install was a little bit difficult because of the previous install using glue. Teddy worked diligently to make sure the area was clear of any remnants of the earlier install.

He tried several different models in order to get the exact sound I was after and we found a variant of the 70 model he had with him that was perfect. It is the best plugged in sound I have worked with and will be what I use in any new installs moving forward.

I can plug straight in to my Schertler JAM 150 and get a really good sound but it works best when I use my Red Eye preamp.