View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:20 PM

I vote Washburn hands down. If it was $200 Yamaha vs $200 Washburn, I would say a toss up. But, the Washburn being almost $50 less, you could get a decent case for the extra $50 saved. The Washburn also comes with a bone nut/saddle.. a nice little feature the Yamaha lacks.

I owned a Yamaha (FG730S) and the Washburn in my sig at the same time. I needed to get rid of one to make room and I decided to keep the Washburn. In my opinion, the Washburns are built as good, if not better then the similarly priced Yamahas and they have the bone nut/saddle. I also think the Washburn's neck profile is nicer. The Yamaha necks are a little bit more "meaty" where as the Washburn necks are more slender (not nut width, I'm talking the thickness from fretboard to back of neck).

But, with everything, opinions very and this is just my own.

Either way I think you get a great guitar for your money... so both choices are excellent for the price range you are looking at... in fact, those two would be at the very top of the list in my books (in my book it would be Washburn WD10S #1 and Yamaha FG700 #2, lol)

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian