View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:48 PM

Default Guitar Newbie Needs Martin Warranty Repair: Need Advise

All this guitar stuff is kind of new to me. The short story is I bought a brand new Martin Sapelle Dreadnaught Junior May 2017 from Guitar Center.

Just recently the guitar is no longer playable. String #1 E touches most of all the frets, as though the neck got tweaked or warped or something. Strings 2-6 seem fine although their action is a lot less than before. I never abuse the guitar in any way, and never store it outside of normal temperatures and humidities.

I did take it to a luthier at a small local guitar shop to get an opinion, and he said that the guitar is defective from the factory. He said that it would be impossible to fix the warp and still make all strings and all frets playable. He advised me to take it back to where I bought it: Guitar Center.

At GC they wanted NOTHING to do with my issue. They behaved bothered and would rather move on to other customers. So I got a local Martin representative's name from the Martin website and will see him soon. GC refused to stand by my purchase from them.

So my question to all is, given what you know about my situation, what should I expect from Martin? I did register the guitar on Martin's site at time of purchase, and I do have the original invoice and I am the original owner, if that matters.

All thoughts, ideas, and suggestions eagerly accepted.