View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Cocobologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyPrague View Post
I actually dont run my guitar through play acoustic at all, instead run it through a G3 effects unit which has a good 30 sec loop which is enough for me. An extra box but i find it worthwhile, as play acoustic i find is really suited for vocals mainly.
I used a Zoom G3 for a couple years, but found it to be a tone sucker - even using the balanced output.

I now use the Play Acoustic exclusively for guitar effects. The addition of a "Switch-3" outboard switch pedal allows for individual on/off control of the delay/chorus/reverb effects as needed. Tone quality for my guitar, to my ear, beats the Zoom. In the Zoom's defense, it was designed for electric players and has a wealth of effects and amp models under the hood.

If you want to run the line out of the Play, you can split the vocals and guitar to the left/right outputs of the unit and use a lo/hi Z transformer to convert the guitar signal back to high impedance before going in to the G3. that way, you won't have to rely on the mics on the Play to pick up on what you're puttin' down...

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...