View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kraus View Post
Yep, some mighty nice rosewood right there!
Thank you Bill, you may not know it, but we met at woodstock, you let me take one of your beauties out into the tent when it was raining...I felt so bad, but ran as fast as I could!!!! I wish I would have had a chance to check it out in better circumstances!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
There is nothing like cracking open a case and filling the room with that sweet rosewood smell. Does a body good to sit down with a guitar like that. I can only hope my Madi does the same thing!
I have a Ziricote with cedar linings and I swear that thing smells like a chocolate cigar, it is really a nice addition when playing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_pridx View Post
This is going to be a great build, Tom! Congratulations! If you're looking for some additional low-end in your OM without having the guitar sound too boomy, the Kinnaird deep-body is the way to go. It'll come close to rivaling a dreadnought in some respects. I went to Dave's Guitar Shop yesterday and played a bunch of OMs - mostly Collings and Martins - and my two Kinnaird OMs smoked all of them, IMHO........ Enjoy the ride!
Thanks Jim! It was the sound of your recording that really pushed me from the FS model to the deep bodied OM. I have never heard a bad work about them...I think it must be right in the sweet spot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn View Post
Great news, Tom - I'm glad you guys are taking us along for the ride again
Thank you for following, I hope it comes out as cool as I think it will!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Great choice on the radial purfling--that is going to look mighty fine!

Razo 19 is coming along beautifully--a real joy to pick up and play...
Yes when I saw the figure and color of that it seemed perfect. It will look good with the rosette, but we are using Celebes Ebony for binding and there is some color in that which should work really well next to this purfling also! Great news about the Razo, I am so glad you love it!