View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Probably not the answer you want to hear but the mic pre will not make that much difference. It starts with the vocalist. If you have good technique and a good voice you're most of the way there. The mic will make a much bigger difference then the preamp assuming you are a decent singer.

Are you monitoring with the Bose as well? That system doesn't have the most power or clarity. Not to dis it but I used the bigger system for years and found that lacking as well after 5 years with it. The compact is really a coffee house speaker. In a small room you'll get by. The ART (which I have had for years) will just be an extra step You will get better results as suggested by gain staging properly and monitoring.
I really bought the Art to use from just the mic to the Bose for simplicity if I don't want to bring my pedals and mixer. Thought I'd give it a try. Yes small rooms only. Mic techniques not bad, but can always improve.
My full set up was, guitar and mic (Sure 57a beta) harmony singer, mixer with effects , to 2 - 10" Carvin powered speakers on stands and my little Roland ac33 as monitor. Too much stuff for me.
Settling for the Bose, and mic and the art preamp for quick simple set up in small rooms. If the Art doesn't help, then I will look at different mics.