Thread: 3 string capos
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royd View Post
The K-levers are all pre-cut, available in 4 configurations - Esus4, Drop D, Double Drop D, and A. I don't think it was a successful product. They seem to have pretty much disappeared from the marketplace. I like them for playing the string that goes underneath and find it easier than reaching behind the capo for that fret, but they do require a slight change in hand position to do that. I don't know how long the lever and piston will last so I'd like to pick up a few spares. I don't know anybody who is still selling them online.
Harvey Reid has them listed on his PartialCapo.com site...

I've never tried these lever ones but have become quite facile at fretting above (or below, as the case may be) partial capos so have never felt the need for one. Like LJ, I much prefer the Planet Waves Dual-Action capos because they're thin enough to actually get your index finger behind to fret that string. I frequently capo only 4 strings and the dual-action ones are the only ones that do that (for me) without any alteration at all. I have a couple cut for Esus4 -- and a couple for 4 strings only, though I use them infrequently -- but I much prefer the Shubb C7b "Esus4" capos.

For the OP, I've never found a capo that works for only three strings off the edge of the neck, outside of a 3rd Hand or a Spider...

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.