View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Default Leo Buendia OM Brazilian German Build Thread

Howdy Folks! When it rains it pours... Juggling a few builds at the same time, lol... I was involved with some Brazilian Rosewood trades a couple years back and the flowers are finally starting to bloom... So Leo is building me an OM cutaway of Brazilian/German and French Polish finish! He'll be bringing it to the 2017 Santa Barbara Show this August..

https://buendiaguitars.com

http://sbaic.com

If you are making the show, come meet Leo and see in person!!! and if you are not planning on making the show, rethink that idea

Keep an eye out for Leo's work... He's as cool as they come, and builds a flooring instrument... A guitar that stands out amongst a room filled with the best in the world.

So I first met Leo at the 2013 Healdsburg Guitar Festival... He was hosting Ervin Somogyi's booth. It was there under the table he had stashed his apprenticeship Indian/German OM with French Polish finish... I took a fast look, strummed some chords, and instantly felt the connection... I asked Leo for a private spin and I took her into the solo rooms where you can actually hear. I have been hooked on his work ever since, and his OM was a highlight of the entire show. I knew in the back of my head I'd be jamming a Buendia one of these days... Here we are!

I choose a set of Brazilian that had been stashed away and cut in 1996.. BIG THANKS shout out to my main man Maro for hooking me up, The Wizard of Brazilian...! It wasn't cut in half yet, so always a bit of a mystery to me how it would actually look... It was oxidized quite a bit, I was surprised how many bold colors came out after sanding... Its a bit over the top looking at first, but the French Polish will darken and settle everything in, and again natural oxidization over time...

Here is the look after cutting and sanding...

I'll post now all the pics I've been sent and update them as they come!

Last edited by Diamondave; 07-08-2017 at 05:12 PM.