View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Junkie View Post
Looks great. Your video stalled after a few seconds. Sounded good what I heard. Likely my soupcan internet signal!
As a guy on the beginning of his second build. What was your biggest thing to overcome on the second build? What still gave you brain hurts? I checked out your other link. Neat story. BTW I didn't know what a Dreadnought was 6 years ago. Barely picked up an instrument in my life prior.
I had the server move that was scheduled for last night and I the photos must not have been moved over Sorry about that ... they're there now

The biggest obstacle that happened this time (beyond getting hit by a car while I was cycling in the middle of the class) was being over-confident on shaping the neck. The first time went so well that this time, I just went to town and went thinner than I wanted to.

It's odd, because the one thing I thought would give me the most headaches this past time that didn't is pulling the sandpaper where the neck and the body meet. The first time, I kept on messing up the angle of the neck, but this time went fairly trouble-free.

The other thing that really gave me a headache was a sand-through on the headstock I had to keep on applying finish and it just looked messy after the many tries to NOT sand through on the edge of the headstock.

The "brain hurting" moment was trying to make all the pieces fit for the headstock inlay. There was a lot of cutting ... snapping ... sanding ... but all in all it worked out great (George and Diana are patient people).

Gitnoob ... if you can find something in your area, it's definitely worth it!