View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeguam View Post
I recommend a tenor size to all my students who are transitioning from guitar. The tenor fretboard has a little more space to make the transition smoother, but still maintains the gCEA ukulele tuning to keep the transposition of uke keys/chords. The baritone ukulele will be tuned like a guitar, so will still feel more like a guitar than an uke.

For these Enya ukes, it seems like they're made in Asia and their original price range also supports that theory. Honestly, at that slashed price, I'd go down and play all three of the Koa, Mahogany and Spruce versions and see which one you like best. I can almost guarantee that they will all sound quite similar, and that the only difference in sound would come from a difference in finish (i.e. gloss vs. satin, the satin ukes tend to be better sounding). If they all sound similar, just buy the one that looks the best. If you can afford it (because they're so cheap!), get both a tenor and a concert in the same woods. Or, you can also get two different tenors and string one up gCEA and GCEA (low-G) - it's always good to have both of these formats on hand.

Good luck!
great information! thank you joe!!

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics