View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Ineeto, Steve D, bobwl ....Hey thanks for the input guys

Ineeto:
I have only ever heard few Mesa's being used at a couple of the shows I have been to, so actually auditioning one (later today) will interesting.

Steve: I had actually surfed the tube store and seen the Premium Package certainly something to factor in. Although the owner states he has only played the amp at home , no gigs and something like 10 hours or less of total time.
He states it still even has the factory tags on it and has all paperwork, factory footswitch, casters and cover.
Also to address the heat you mentioned this amp comes with a factory installed cooling fan (which according to some on the two different Mesa forum/blog I surfed yesterday) can be a bit loud in a recording situation (even the manual recommends always using the fan but turning it off for recording) there was a thread about changing the fan to one of the silent fans being used in some computers.

bobwl:
So Bob to clarify are you talking specifically about the Celestion Custom 90 speaker as it my understanding the LS amps used to come with speaker called a "Black Shadow" ???

In any case thanks again for the input, I will see what happens later this afternoon as after communicating with the owner I am taking my guitar and will be able to audition the amp.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4