View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 02:23 PM

I've been mostly an electric player with a little dabbling into acoustic. I have far more electric guitars (hollows, semi-hollows, and solid bodies) than I have acoustics.

While traveling in our motorhome this summer I brought along one of my Custom Teles.

Then, part way across the country, I decided I wanted an acoustic with me, but we were too far from home to retrieve my OM28V.

So I ordered an Eastman E10-OO Solid Flame Mahogany from Ted. Received it while in Texas. Totally fell in love with the guitar, right from the get go. It has been such a joy to play and has given me the motivation to begin working on my finger style playing in earnest.

And now another acoustic, a RainSong OM Shorty is inbound from Ted as well, bringing my acoustics up to three in number.

I can't say that I'm totally converted over to acoustic, just that I have a strong emphasis on acoustic at present, and I'm really loving it. . No doubt I will continue to play my electrics, but I don't think my finger style interest with the acoustics is going to be going away.