View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
Absolutely. Unfortunately for the Slate system, I was in the room for one of those shootouts.
So one big criteria would seem to be, how good the mic sounds without any processing. One could assume that the better the mic itself is to start with, the better the results would be with the processing.

Also in a more general sense the applying of this type of digital technology to microphones, is in the relatively early stages. So if like digital audio itself (which at first was pretty bad) it continues to evolve and improve, it could get pretty interesting.
Personally I would much prefer to have the vintage mics themselves or really good modern reproductions. And for absolute certain I will not be letting go of either my Brauner or Schoeps ever.....

But from a practical standpoint Myself and many people do not have $20k to $30k, to throw at mic purchases . So as I noted in the OP "if" this system proves to come close enough, then it could be pretty useful and a pretty good bargain.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1