Thread: Taylor T5 / T5Z
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:27 AM

I've definitely beat this one to death! I grew up with Martins but have become a big fan of Taylor's practical design solutions to a very traditional instrument. I am sure at some point in the next year I'll order a T5z Classic and give it a spin. Using a JBL Flip I keep in my gig bag for "pure acoustic" settings, my A6 Ultra is now my near 100% guitar. I am a hybrid convert and for me much happier than I was playing the loudest dreadnought I could find for jamming and fighting its feedback at gigs (and unable to play the R&R licks of my youth). I tend to get in a rut and play only one guitar and I also rarely buy instruments that seem greatly more expensive than similar offerings (no Collings, etc. in my future).

I spent a long career in semiconductors doing engineering (mostly) and marketing. I find it hard to take off the markateer's hat where volume and margin are the primary attributes of a great product (generally any other positive attribute is almost always a precursor)...

Jon
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields