View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

I recommend the Trance Audio Amulet M Dual Mono with the M-VT option as you'll likely not need further EQ down the signal chain other than what's on your mixer or amp. In fact, you can start with mixer or amp EQ set flat and use the M-VT to get the tone you want. Once set, it should remain pretty much stationary unless you switch from flatpicking/flatpicking strumming to bare flesh and nails fingerpicking or vice versa. Then you may bump the tone control a bit one way or the other. I'm assuming the Trance Audio Amulet M Dual Mono without the M-VT module will sound like the M-VT system with the M-VT module's tone control set to full treble, i.e., no frequency cutting, yielding full-frequency response. I don't like this tone as it's too brittle but talk about the guitar CUTTING through a mix of instruments! YIKES! Being that I've never tried the M Dual Mono system without the M-VT module, I don't know for sure if it would sound like my above characterization but if it does, then an external EQ device would likely be needed to adjust the tone to a player's liking but mixer or amp EQ may be sufficient to accomplish satisfying tone.

I think a phone call to Gary Hull of Trance Audio would answer any questions a player might have regarding the tone of a non-M-VT Dual Mono system and its requirements for external EQing.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 06-12-2015 at 12:39 PM.