View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
I would definitely prefer a 'woody' and warmer sounding CF guitar considering I much prefer dark-sounding acoustic or electric guitars.

I just found this clip on the mcpherson and wow this sounds pretty warm for a CF guitar? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoI__eFt61M

Are there any others that sound more warm and hopefully at a cheaper price?
If I were recommending a CF guitar base purely on the amount of tonal warmth, I would start with Composite Acoustics, (although some find the tone too "warm" almost bordering on muddy) followed by Kevin Michael, Blackbird, the Rainsong Concert Series with the unidirectional top, or the Rainsong Hybrid series which is a bit mellower, with a hint of vintage vibe.

Note that my recommendation is based purely on more warmth, not what I consider to be the best sounding CF guitar. Were you looking for a CF guitar with good clarity, excellent note separation, rich overtones, and outstanding playabilty, the list would have started from the other direction.

Ideally you want to try these guitars so you can get a feel for the tone, and feel for yourself, but I understand that may not be possible.

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 11-30-2016 at 03:24 PM.