View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM

Not sure where you are located in Central PA, but Pittsburgh Guitars is a Yamaha Rosewood dealer, and they usually carry a pretty good selection. I bought my LS-6 from them and was very satisfied with the experience. It might pay to check their website or give them a call if you decide to make the trip, just to be sure they have one to try. I am very happy with my LS-6, and it is the guitar that I keep in a stand so that I can pick it up anytime. It is also my usual travel guitar, just because I enjoy playing it so much. The smaller size is very comfortable, while the extra depth (over a traditional OM) adds to volume without discomfort. I have come to like the 1 3/4 nut width as well. Usuall superior Yamaha workmanship, fit and finish excellent, Stays in tune well and good intonation. Lots of features for the $--Engellmann top, ebony fretboard and bridge. Also it comes with a great nylon sided case (not fair to call this a gig bag) with molded interior and plush lining. Fits like a glove, and is my favorite case. I don't think you would be dissapointed with a LS-6 at all. I usually string mine with Martin SP lights (MSP7100).