View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 07:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
$200 will get you a Bugera V5 tube amp that'd be perfect for what you're after - simple controls, built-in 'verb, power attenuation/headphone out (the latter rare in an all-tube amp); ..... - and since the building-block tones in all those modeling rigs are overwhelmingly based on tube amps of one kind or another anyway, why not go right to the source...?
I just purchased this Bugera. I've only had it a week, but am having a blast with it already. I LOVE the built in attenuator which allows you to vary your watt output but still keep the volume up. I keep it at 1 watt which is more than loud enough for home use, but still have access to all the power.

OP - I am in the same position. I am new to electric guitars and after literally hours of pedal searches and YouTube clips, I gave up. I am picking up a looper pedal this weekend and have promised myself to not even LOOK at a pedal until after 3 months of playing around. Like you, I can go from country to rock to blues from song to song. Best of luck on your quest.