View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM

Default FS: 1997 TAYLOR GA 514C - reduced price!!

SOLD! Many thanks for all the inquiries.

I'm the original owner of this guitar and it has been well-cared for and is in excellent condition. It comes with the brown case, truss rod adjustment tool, and the 1997 Taylor catalog.

The back and sides are made of Honduran mahogany, the top is Western red cedar, the neck and headstock are one piece mahogany (there are wings on the headstock) and there is a gold strap button on the heel of the neck. It has gold Grover tuners and Elixir light gage strings. The action at the 12th fret is 3/32" on the low E string and 2/32" on the high E string.

The body is bound with tortoiseshell pattern binding, the top has a mother-of-pearl (MOP) sound hole rosette, the bridge is ebony, the nut and saddle are tusq, the headstock is overlaid with Indian rosewood, and the ebony fingerboard has diamond shaped MOP inlays and position markers. The Taylor logo on the headstock is also MOP.

Detail Specifications: scale length 25 1/2", 1 3/4" neck width at the nut, all gloss finish, body width 16", body length 20", body depth 4 5/8", and overall length 41".

This guitar was a second guitar so it only got occasional use. It has been well-humidified over the years and has never had any repairs or any amplification installed. Everything, except for the heel strap button is original. I had all the frets dressed a few months ago so they have no wear. There are a few small dings on the top (none through the finish), but only on the upper bout and I have tried to show these in one of the photos. There is also one small ding about in the middle of the back of the neck that I couldn't get to show. If you hold the guitar in just the right light you can see a few "squiggles" that are in the gloss finish on the back in one small area. That is the way the guitar came from Taylor and, because it was in the gloss as a result of the finishing process, and neither is it directly visible nor does it affect anything, I never felt that it needed any attention.

The case is made of 5-ply plywood and is covered with brown naughahyde with 5 closure buckles. The interior is lined with a light burgundy plush velvet. The case is in excellent condtion with just a few tiny scuff marks.

I'm asking $1,275 including shipping and Paypal fees. If you prefer to pay by certified check or money order I'll reduce the price by $37, which is the Paypal fee. No trades please.

http://photobucket.com/Taylor514C

Last edited by ricknrth; 09-27-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: reduced price