View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete12string View Post
Hi - Yes, it is a Custom. It's a Custom L-1. Here's the text from the ad at LA Guitar Sales:
"This Gibson L1 Custom Shop guitar was part of the Five Star Dealer guitars offered in 2011. For this historic 1930s series Gibson L1, Master Luthier Ren Ferguson set out to build the most authentic limited-edition reissues from Gibson's early classic period. Each of these master works is hand crafted from a Red Spruce top in order to reproduce the vintage tone of the original 1930s models. The top braces are precision cut to match the originals, hand fit to the top by Ferguson using historic bracing patterns and techniques then set with Gibson's custom hide glue in his personal workshop. The L-1's back and back bracing is finished by Ferguson in the same fashion, and inside each guitar collectors will find inscribed and dated, "For Gibson by Ren Ferguson".
The price is $3195. There's a post in the AGF Marketplace for LA Guitar Sales and the guitar can be seen there. I'd have to sell off a couple from my herd to get it, but I'm drooling!
If you really like L-1's, seems OK.