View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 09:02 PM

one of my friends keeps his guitar in his trunk all the time...we will get into his car and the thermometer will read over a hundred in the car in the summer and the lowest i can remember seeing in the winter is like 15 or so...he has a laminate guitar (the same alvarez that i have)...when he first got his guitar it sounded just as good as my alvarez...but now after a year or so of what he subjects it to, it sounds like crap while mine still sounds the same...even though he dosent change strings on his guitar (he has had his telecaster for 8 years and it still has the original strings that fender put on it in the factory), he had to a little while back because one of them had broken...it took some doing, but i convinced him to change them all instead of just the one that broke...i was hoping that it would sound good again...nope...still just as crappy but with some new strings...

so the moral of the story..never leave your guitar anywhere where you arent comfortable...only bad things can happen