View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 12:36 PM

Default What guitar's sound has most surprised you?

I know that a lot of us kind of know what to expect from different guitars and surprises are not all that common. I recently purchased this guitar:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ght=joel+stehr

I bought it here on the classifieds mainly because I thought it was so darn good looking that the builder would know how to make sound also. I am always astounded when I play this guitar by the amount of low end that this guitar has. It is a very small and comfortable guitar so I play it all the time and it is ridiculous how much this guitar does at the lower register. It might not be for everyone and I am sure some people wouldn't like it as the highs are not super loud but I love the sound. More than anything else it just surprises me that Joel was able to get so much low end out of such a small guitar. I know atleast two other forum members have heard it since I am the third owner but it sounds nothing like you would expect. I have had atleast 5 people play it and they all get surprised. Any other interesting sounding guitars out there to try out?