View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyOK View Post
Pandaroo is there any chance that you could post s side by side comparison video or at least audio file between the X20 and your CH WS?
I can't quite go ""down under to fondle your goodies" that just doesn't sound right at all... hahahaha
Hi Randy,

Sean was superb coordinating my Custom Cocobolo X20.

I acquired my CH-WS from Ted (LA Guitar Sales) and his knowledge and experience with CF guitars was second to none.

I wish I could help but my CH-WS is currently at my folks in tropical humid Malaysia. That was the purpose of that guitar, basic, good sounding, no pickups, withstand humidity so when I travel to visit my folks, I didn't have to carry a guitar with me and my folks didn't have to worry looking after it.

May I suggest:

1) Contact Ted as he carries the CH-WS and the CO-WS. He also has a current X20 model (not for sale) and I'm sure he'd be happy to play them side by side on the phone with you. If Rainsong is the way to go, he is the man for it. (Sorry to Ted, put put you on the spot)

2) Like others have said, take advantage of the return policy on both the Rainsong and Emerald, a small price to pay to ensure you get the right instrument.

I would like to add also is that the X20 really embraces the carbon tone, is rich and deep sounding. Both the CH-WS and CO-WS to me sounded more wood-like.

Last edited by pandaroo; 10-25-2017 at 07:18 PM.