View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChapinFan View Post
Just to put a bow on this... I think MartingitDave summed it up pretty well. And I am content with the Aura solution. I think, considering where I started, I am about at the best place I could have ended up. But I do wonder if I would have been better off with a different solution than the Matrix.

Just as an epilogue, I played a $2000 Larrivée guitar at GC yesterday. It had a Fishman Matrix installed. I plugged it into a Fishman acoustic amp. The quack was still there. I am fully convinced this is a fatal flaw in the technology, not in any one installation.

I'm convinced you need proper EQ to get that quack out. I still have a Matrix in two of my guitars, and with an Empress Para EQ I'm much happier with those guitars. I own an Aura, and I feel the ParaEQ or the Dtar Equinox (no longer made, but still around as used and reasonably priced), is a much better way to go about getting a natural sound with the Matrix. I also own a Fishman PRO-LBX-300 amp which many people feel is one of the best Fishmans ever made, and the Matrix never sounded good with it's onboard EQ.

So good luck with the battle