View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 AM

I agree with this, zhunter, but I have also noticed that flamenco guitars have really low saddles and bridges with a different neck angle to what I am used to.

In fact, coming from the acoustic world, I immediately thought something was wrong with the construction, but then I read some posts on delcamp that suggested that that is the correct way to build a flamenco guitar.

I would need to read further into this, but I remember a poster saying that the low saddle and bridge height, in conjunction with a different neck angle were needed to "get that right hand feel".

So not sure exactly what that feel is.

I just know from my experience that when the break angle is too steep, the strings feel stiff. Lower the break angle and the strings feel more flexible (I'm think this is to do with the strings being able to move slightly over the saddle more easily as they are fretted of bent). But, not sure if this is part of that feel he was talking about.

Maybe you know more about this and can explain?

Eitherway, the original point was that flamenco guitars are built differently from classicals. It's not just a case of changing the saddle height to go from one to the other. Personally, I really would not like to buy a proper classical, and the construction of a flamenco guitar suits me better (I don't play classical music or flamenco music).
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos