View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaw2821 View Post
So I've been an acoustic player for years and am just crossing over into electric. I'm trying to figure out what guitar to get. I've had an electric cheapo no name from college and a $40 amp. But needless to say I'm finally ready to throw in the towel and get a actual guitar.

I've been looking at tele's, strata, Les Paul's and PRS. Out of that group the tele is the most distinct sounding but I really don't like the signature twang. I like a little warmer, melodic sound. I play mostly contry, pop, some John Mayer stuff.

However, I found this video and it's probably the closest to the sound I want. https://youtu.be/qPZ0pEzqPbw

It's a little warmer, almost strat like, with just a little edge.

My problem is I think so much is affects there starts to be so many different sounds and overlap. I also don't want to have to spend a fortune on amps and affects to get the sound I'm looking for.

I know this is little long and probly difficult to answer but I appreciate the responses. I'm almost thinking any of them with the right gear could get me what I'm looking for but not sure.

Taylor Big Baby

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"