View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Guest 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
Can anyone with experience with both describe the tonal differences between the two? Are the nato-equipped Yamahas more mahogany-ish in terms of tone?
Do I prefer mahog? Yes. With that said in trying out a bunch of current FG730S: overall brighter trebles with darker basses. Trying out FG700's: tighter basses, leaning defintely more towards "airy trebles." I picked one up a few weeks after a pretty thorough try out of a 2011 D-18. I do not feel slighted by my FG700S. It's a great guitar...and yes different...in the way steveyam compares his D-35 to his Yam rosewood lam.

I love my FG700S also...and I also love the fact that someone like yourself with a Larivee and Martin...and yes steveyam and Taylorgyrl aren't simply hyping their way or thinking their way into opinions about Yamaha guitars...but playing them, experiencing them...appreciating them as different and for me someone who sings and plays songs...gig-worthy options. Personally I actually prefer Yamahas over "better" guitars for use with vocals and recording.

Last edited by Guest 429; 04-09-2012 at 05:10 AM.