View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 PM

I just sold my first guitar and used Ebay. Although the best dollar return usually comes with an open auction (human psychology helps you here), I can't handle the stress of that so I did a buy it now or best offer listing. You list your price, but buyers can submit their best offer and you can counter (for a max number of counters between you and any one buyer). Worked great for me. I listed as $50 shipping fee since that seemed to be a good average amount. The BIN/OBO on Ebay seems to be what happens here on a smaller scale on the AGF. Another option, which I think is permitted in the classifieds here, is to list on Ebay but advertise your guitar and Ebay listing in the AGF classifieds.

Good luck with your sale.

As a side note, I'm always amazed at the human auction psychology factor. Just last week I was watching two Larrivee OM-09 sales. One with a reasonable BIN price and one with an open auction starting really low. The BIN listing was never bought but the open auction ended up higher than the BIN price on the other guitar. Go figure.

JD
Rainsong S-OM1100N2