View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM

Default Purchase advice on Gibson Doves in Flight-please help

Hey all,
I've been able to pin down a 2007 gibson doves in flight for $3250 with no tax. The issues reported are some scratches on the clear coat on the back, and the gold tuners beginning to fade on the edges. Other then that, I was told that it has no scratches, dents, or chips. I've attached some pics. I also noticed that the center strip of maple on the back of the neck appears to be much darker in the top half almost flameless or two pieces. I had never seen this done before on a DIF, and I figure that something must have gone wrong with the single piece during manufacturing. Should such an expensive guitar have a consistent flame throughout? Sometimes I wonder if i'm nit picking. Anyway, I'm planning to make the purchase later tonight and I have a 30 day window to return. I was told the guitar had never had to be repaired. Please provide advice on whether this is a good deal or if I should hold out for a diff DIF. Also-does it look like the scratches can be buffed out? So, basically is this a good deal for a DIF or should I hold out for on in better condition. Here's a link to some of the pics-sorry I couldn't get them to post in the thread:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8545932...7627895470553/

Thanks in advance-I appreciate any help that I can get,

JP