View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGPAUL View Post
Good day everyone! Just curious about thoughts on the Taylor gs mini vs parlor guitars, and 00, and 000, I am really interested in the smaller guitars in general and am looking for input, the gs mini ticks a lot of boxes for me, but a 00, or 000, or L00 ticks a lot of boxes as well, thank you for your thoughts

Cheers!
I had a hog GS mini for about a year. I upgraded with bone saddle, Gotoh tuners, and bone bridge pins. I liked it fine but it sounded kind of boxy if you strummed with any energy but that was to be expected. And it looked and felt like a shrunk full size guitar. I sold it to help me buy a Rainsong Parlor P-12 that had a 1-3/4" nut, 12 fret neck, and 24.75" scale length. The P-12 is better in terms of clarity, projection, and a bit less boxy sounding (and it is a 12 fret short scale guitar). And it's easier for me to go from my Taylor GC 12 frets, OM, and 00 guitars because I don't feel cramped on the P-12's 12 fret short scale neck (a GS Mini feels cramped to me now). But I really love that the P-12 can go anywhere including a hot car on a Louisiana summer day. CF guitars are impervious to hot/cold weather changes. If you want to travel essentially worry free with a guitar, go carbon fiber.

Good luck.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)

Last edited by SprintBob; 03-21-2018 at 06:41 AM.