View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 08:55 AM

I've had the same problems with the Ditto 2x that you have but they haven't presented themselves for some time now. I did the firmware upgrade and it seems to have helped. What I've done too is limit the use of the Ditto for home practice. My primary home looper is the older Jamman Solo with the secondary foot pedal.

Anecdotally, my Ditto seems as though it has limited RAM memory in it and if it's used too quickly in succession it will freeze up. It seems as though it needs time to clear the old memory before it will except anything new. During practice, where I record and clear loops again and again until I get it smoothly, is when the Ditto fails.

I now only use the Ditto live when I want a small foot print, battery power and a quick setup, such as open mic or a shared sets gig.

As for the popping, I don't remember how I got past that but it's not doing it anymore.

Another thing I also do, I don't know if it makes any difference, I only put batteries in it when I'm going to use it live otherwise I remove the batteries. RAM needs power to hold memory.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk

Last edited by Irish Pennant; 12-17-2016 at 09:06 AM.