View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
Thanks Louis. Yes in most of the places I play I do not need a monitor I can position myself in front of the speakers. My pickup is a Baggs M1A so I don't really get many feedback issues. I do play a monthly gig in a venue that is a very odd shape and the speakers are almost in different rooms to me! I really enjoy doing it but it can be a nightmare when it gets noisey.

That's interesting about using the aux input on a amp to work it as a powered speaker. I hadn't thought about that, makes the amp look a much more flexible option. Cheers
A decent small amp like the Artist is just a very good, flexible, and streamlined way to complement what you've already got. The DBR10 that is recommended up thread is a very good device for adding a monitor to the Stagepas (in fact, it's a nice speaker to build a small acoustic PA around), but with a speaker like that you don't give yourself a simple way to cover small gigs and for practice at home. To use the one powered speaker for small gigs you'd want to add a small mixer, and at that point you might as well just use the Stagepas. Up on an amp stand the Artist will cover small gigs with just the one unit, and will operate as a perfectly good stage monitor with the Stagepas or a house PA.

One advantage, by the way, of using the pre-EQ DI outs of an amp to send signals to the Stagepas is that the Stagepass has a monitor out with it's own volume control, but it does not allow you to tailor the monitor mix to your needs on stage. You have to use the same mix you create for the house. That might be fine for just guitar and vocals, but it might not. This is more likely to be an issue when going into a house PA.

Louis